camel-users mailing list archives

From sleepyjamie <jam...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter using XPath hosted on remote http server?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:05:54 GMT

I've been using camel and spring extensively since 1.5 and would like to know
if the <filter> supports retrieving XPath from a remove http server.

For example, a traditional xpath in camel would be as follows:

<filter>
   <xpath>/do/filter</xpath>
   <to uri="direct:passedFilter"/>
</filter>

I would like to retrieve the XPath from a web server (the webserver would
return the Xpath as raw text):

<filter>
   <xpath src="http://www.mywebserver.com/xpath.txt"/>
   <to uri="passedFilter"/>
</filter>

Even a location on the hard drive would be suitable

<filter>
   <xpath src="file://xpath.txt"/>
   <to uri="direct:passedFilter"/>
</filter>

Currently In order to achieve the above I have to create a custom <bean/>
that retrieves the filter from the remote server and performs the filtering.
I see my customer filter <bean/> simply as another EIP which could be part
of camel's framework.