camel-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quartz trigger for ftp consumer
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:20:24 GMT
Hi Claus,

> In the future we will add a scheduled DSL to Camel so you can schedule
> routes to be started using a nice DSL syntax which supports CRON and
> regular timer delays etc. If we had that in place your use case would
> be easy.

That sounds great!  Do you want a hand with the code, I'm happy to
contribute to something that we really need here.

Do you have any suggestions for a workaround I can use now until this
new DSL is available?

I'm think we could just use the consumer.delay and
consumer.initialDelay to achieve nearly the same functionality but
with harder to read config.

My only concern is
a daily schedule becomes consumer.deplay=86400000 - does the ftp
component use ints or longs to store the number of miliseconds...

Thanks for the help so far,

Kev