camel-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we increase the number of threads of a camel to increase performances when we must process ordered messages ?
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:52:53 GMT
Hi ,

I try to figure out if it is possible or make sense to increase the number
or threads (because we would like to increase performances, ...) of a camel
jms consumer (defined as a endpoint = from) when the messages must be
processed according to their order ?

ex : delivery order of the messages in the queue

message 1, message 2, message3

Message 1 must be processed before 2 and 3 because the information present
in this message must be displayed on the console before the 2 and 3.

If I increase the number of threads of my route, camel will consume message
1, 2 and 3 at the same time but when the result will be delivered to the
last endpoint of the route, the order could be completely different. So I'm
not sure that we can increase performances of the platform by increasing the
number threads in this case !

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect