camel-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Gargan <steve.gar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: missing jars ?
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 01:11:41 GMT
Why not use ant or maven? Building out the classpath by hand is always
going to be tedious and time consuming and really not worth your time.
Camel has many transitive dependencies and trying ot pick and choose
them is going to be a real hit and miss affair, particularly where you
use an incorrect version. If you did manage to blindly find the
correct versions you'd be back to square one if you ever wanted to
upgrade your camel versions.

All the transitive dependency information is captured correctly in the
maven poms, so if you must cut your classpath by hand do yourself a
favour and check the poms for the correct versions.

A much better investment of this time would be to install maven,
bootstrap your project with the camel archetype or one of the many
examples and have maven generate your ide project files.

Why do you want to build it by hand?

ste