camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dead Letter Queue
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:04:26 GMT
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Raster3 <crscca@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Thanks.
> I am just trying to understand.
> If my dead letter queue is just a jms queue and i dont use the camel error
> handler does camel give any other value add?

The DL queue in the JMS broker is for *JMS only* where as Camel DL is
for all kind of messages.
For example you can use it for file based messages as well.

If all you need is JMS then I suggest to stick to what the JMS broker
offers for error handling. You are already familiar with that and how
to use it.
And I assume you have procedures for how to monitor it and handle
those failed messages when something goes wrong.