camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Problem with JMS replyTo
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:18:05 GMT
Am 27.02.2010 12:44, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Christian Schneider
> <>  wrote:
>> I was able to resolve the problem. In my jms config I had used the option
>> useMessageIdAsCorrelationId. As the forwarded message has a different
>> correlation id than the original message the client could not process the
>> response. Besides that I had a typo in the config I posted.
>> On the other hand it seems to me the documentation that says the JMSReplyTo
>> is cleared is not correct. The JMSReplyTo header was correctly set on the
>> forwarded messsage. Should I correct this in the documentation?
> Can you point out in the documentation where you see this, and why you
> think its wrong?
Hi Claus,

the documentation I talk about is in
The Chapter is named: About using Camel to send and receive messages and
In the subchapter JmsProducer there is a table which says:
"InOnly, JMSReplyTo is set, Camel sees this as a contradiction and will
suppress the JMSReplyTo. In fact, Camel will disable it by clearing it
before sending. ..."

I used the option disableReplyTo. This option says that the messages are
treated as InOnly.
So my case is that I have an InOnly message and the JMSReplyTo is set.
In my JmsProducer the JMSReplyTo is not cleared as I would have expected
from the documentation. (Which is a good thing for me as clearing
JMSReplyTo would make it much harder to forward request/reply style
requests to another queue.

It is of course possible that I missunderstood something here.

View raw message