camel-users mailing list archives

From jfaath <>
Subject Default error handler, changing HTTP response code
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:31:06 GMT

By consulting the documentation, I came up with this code to handle an error
for messages sent to a jetty http endpoint:

.simple("The format of the incoming message does not conform to the

Everything works fine, except using "handled(true)" causes a 200 OK response
to be sent back to the client.  When I use "handled(false)" a 500 response
is returned, but I lose my custom error message.

Is there any way to return a 500 error but keep the nice error message?