camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Working with CXF web service beans
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:00:43 GMT

Hi,

There is no such capability available at this time to do automatic
invocation of bean methods based on the XML Root Element.

If this is important to you, please create a Jira entry at
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/Dashboard.jspa
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Please add the entry as a new feature request so that it can be assessed for
merit and value.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

karypid wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm going through the tutorial:
> http://camel.apache.org/tutorial-example-reportincident-part5.html
>
> Basically, there's two things I don't like about CXF's integration with
> Camel:
>
> (1) I must cast the input message to a parameter class manually
> (2) I must call a processor set the output message
>
> The points are illustrated below:
>
> <camel-cxf:cxfEndpoint id="myCXFBean"
> serviceClass="some.jaxws.WebServiceClass" ... />
> <camel:camelContext id="myCamelContext" trace="true">
> <camel:route>
> <camel:from uri="cxf:bean:myCXFBean" />
> <camel:to uri="log:logger" />
> (1) <camel:convertBodyTo type="my.ParameterClass" />
> (2) <camel:process ref="processorThatSetsOutMessage" />
> </camel:route>
> </camel:camelContext>
>
> My problem with the approach is that:
>
> Regarding (1): since a web service has multiple operations, each with
> different parameters, one would need to cast to a different class type,
> depending on which operation is being called.
>
> Regarding (2): I simply need Camel to do some magic prior to the web
> service implementation (i.e. in the "processor" I just need to call the
> method of "some.jaxws.WebServiceClass" that corresponds to the input
> message); is there a way to configure this simple behaviour, with the
> return value of the invocation automatically being set to become the
> body of the output message (i.e. not need to set
> exchange.getOut().out.setBody() explicitly)?

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---