camel-users mailing list archives

From Johan Haleby <johan.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject SocketSessionImpl in Mina component retained in memory indefinitely
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:27:59 GMT

Hi,

I'm running into problems when using Camel (2.1 and 2.2) with Mina endpoints
configured to disconnect the session after each received message. When lots
of messages are sent over a longer period of time I eventually run out of
memory and the system either throws OutOfMemoryError or spends long
intervals in GC. When analyzing the heap dump in Eclipse MAT it finds this
leak suspect:

27,840 instances of
"org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSessionImpl", loaded by
"sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0xad65d850" occupy 20,662,464 (20.42%)
bytes

The endpoint is configured like:
mina:tcp://localhost:6200?sync=false&textline=false and the message is sent
to the endpoint using a  http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html
recipient list .

What could be the cause of this? E.g. do I need to stop the producer
template after each sent message? Right now the ProducerTemplate is a
singleton used concurrently by multiple threads.

/Johan