camel-users mailing list archives

From jpcook <jonathan.c...@erars.plus.com>
Subject Simple File Filter
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:30:26 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to listen to a file directory for specific files and have
implemented my own GenericFileFilter however I am getting an error and hoped
someone could help.

I'm just using java dsl, with no spring and have this from line.
from("file://\\nolmcs2.newsonline.tc.nca.bbc.co.uk\inetpub2\syndicationengine\newsonline_uk_edition\in_pictures\?filter=com.bbc.newsi.feeds.feedaugmentor.camel.filters.PictureRSSFileFilter&noop=true&readLock=none")

My filter is very simple:
public class PictureRSSFileFilter implements GenericFileFilter {

	@Override
	public boolean accept(GenericFile pathname) {
		return pathname.getFileName().endsWith(".rss10");
	}

}

The error I am getting is:
org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create route
route1: Route[[From[file://\\nolmcs2.newsonline.tc.nca.bbc.co.uk\ine...
because of Failed to resolve endpoint:
file://\\nolmcs2.newsonline.tc.nca.bbc.co.uk\inetpub2\syndicationengine\newsonline_uk_edition\in_pictures\?filter=com.bbc.newsi.feeds.feedaugmentor.camel.filters.PictureRSSFileFilter&noop=true&readLock=none
due to: Could not find a suitable setter for property: filter as there isn't
a setter method with same type: java.lang.String nor type conversion
possible: No type converter available to convert from type: java.lang.String
to the required type: org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileFilter with
value com.bbc.newsi.feeds.feedaugmentor.camel.filters.PictureRSSFileFilter

I'm sure it is something simple, I have looked at a couple of unit tests
such as this one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/file/FileConsumerFileFilterTest.java?view=markup

And wondered whether I should be using filter=#myfilter in thr uri and
whether I had to register the filter in the jndi registry or add it to the
context like you do with the routes eg)
context.addRoutes(new PictureGalleryRouteBuilder());

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks