camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <>
Subject Re: Suggestion to create a new component: Camel-Talend
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:15:34 GMT

The challenge here is in the product licensing and how it has been built.

If you look at the link you sent, the others on the list such as
servicemix-sip has the same issue. I was interested in putting together a
component for it. I scoured a lot in the past to find a SIP offering with a
license model that was compatible with Apache and could not find one.

In any case, there is no reason why you or another community contributor
could not put one together for your organization. The only thing is that it
will not be a part of Camel/Servicemix distribution from Apache.

Hope this clarifies things.

titexe wrote:
> Hello,
> it'is possible to planned, to create a new component camel-Talend, that
> allow to exchange data with ETL Talend ?
> ServiceMix has already expected the creation of this component:
> For information: Many other products are planned or have started to
> develop their components to exchange with Talend ETL (For example ESB
> Petals ,...)
> Thank you in advance,
> Best regards,
> titexe

Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
+1-972-304-9084 (Office)