camel-users mailing list archives

From Dean H <deanh...@hotmail.com>
Subject MINA questions
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:02:01 GMT

Hello, I'm new to Camel.  I'm having some trouble getting my application
working correctly.  I've read through the http://camel.apache.org/mina.html
page several times but I'm not having much luck.

here is my scenario:
There is a tcp server that I need to connect to on a specified port.  The
server will periodically send xml strings that I will receive.  I'd like my
camel component to block indefinitely waiting to receive a message from the
server.  When a message is received, i'd like to automatically deserialize
it into an object that I can then pass into my bean.

I am attempting to configure my route in spring with something like this:

<route>
  <from uri="mina:tcp://serverIP:port"/>
  <unmarshal ref="jaxb">
  <bean ref="myBean" method="invoke"/>
</route>

It seems that the "from" is continually attempting to function as the server
rather than the client.  Thus, it attempts to bind to the server ip/port
(which is already allocated to the actual server process) and fails.  Can
someone provide an example configuration that accomplishes what I'm looking
to do?