camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Guranteed Delivery
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:50:24 GMT

Hi,

Interesting point. What is confusing in the picture is that the JMS Broker
is not shown and its location is unclear.

If there are 2 networked broker instances on each box with each having its
own persistent store then the figure is fine. Also if there was DB
replication involved then it may be good. If not, then the figure may not be
quite accurate.

The way to read this is to look at the expressed intent in the figure rather
to delivery mechanics.

This figure come out of the EIP patterns book which simply expresses the
idea of delivery level guarantees without talking about concrete technology
implementations (JMS) for which there may be many possible implementations
styles and techniques.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

Raster3 wrote:

> This is regrading this http://camel.apache.org/guaranteed-delivery.html
>
> I would to restrict this discussion to JMS.
> I have used webloic JMS. I understand guranteed delivery is part of JMS
> specs and what this means is that the message will be stored by the JMS
> provider till its delievered to the intended recepient / subscriber.
>
> This is counter to the image shown in the image associated with the url
> where it appears that the message is stored on two sides- sender and
> reciever. When using JMS would you not wish the message to be stored just
> by the JMS provider?
>
> Am I missing something?

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---