camel-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scanning/Splitting Large input files
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:37:56 GMT
Hi,

> How do you want to split your file. Can you split it on some sort of
> token, which is required by the Scanner?

I need to split on '**'

I wrote a simple POJO with a splitBody() method that returns a
List<String> based on this using a Scanner within the method

> You can use POJO to return a String value which then will be used by
> the Scanner.
> For example in that splitBody method in the sample above it could be defined as
>
> public String splitBody() {
>  return "\n";
> }

Ah that is much simpler so I can use the underlying Scanner instead of
instantiating a new one.

Can you confirm that the spring xml config is correct?  I can only
find examples of the Java DSL for this - I'll happily provide a patch
to the docs if the previous spring xml config is correct.

Thanks I'll refactor tomorrow and save myself some LOC,
Kev