camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timer fails to resolve parameters
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:33:48 GMT
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM, pmmerritt <phillip.merritt@ngc.com> wrote:

> Camel fails to load the timer component in the following route
> <camel:route errorHandlerRef="transactionErrorHandler">
>                <camel:from uri="timer:dm?period=2000"/>
>                <camel:to uri="bean:dmScheduler?method=getNewTransactions"/>
>   </camel:route>
>
> Camel is configured as a war file which is being loaded into the JBoss
> Application Server.
>
> The following error is thrown while attempting to load the Camel Context
> 08:18:26,339 ERROR Exception sending context initialized event to listener
> instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> org.apache.camel.ResolveEndpointFailedException: Failed to resolve endpoint:
> timer://dm?period=2000 due to: Could not find a suitable setter for
> property: period as there isn't a setter method with same type:
> java.lang.String nor type conversion possible: No type converter available
> to convert from type: java.lang.String to the required type: long with value
> 2000

Hi

JBoss has a classloading issue which causes Camel not being able to
pickup type converters from the classpath.

You need to use a special JBoss class loader with Camel to resolve that.
There are some links here to some people who did that
http://camel.apache.org/articles.html

Basically what would be desirable is to create a camel-jboss component
and ship that with Camel. However I do not know if there is any
licensing implications.