camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-cache: Using Objects for cache
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:30:13 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM, tide08 <sachin2_2k@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Claus! ArtifactID says springsource is it some customized version of
> ehCache we are using? Reason I am asking is that I have conflict with
> hibernate and I need to exclude ehCache dependency from either one of these.

Its the OSGi problem that it often cannot use maven jars out of the
box. So SpringSource creates their own .jar that works in their OSGi
server.
IMHO that is a big pain with OSGi as you need to keep up to date with releases.

Many projects don't release their .jars as OSGi compliant bundles.

It should be possible to use a never version and then let the camel
feature for camel-cache use that Spring OSGi compliant .jar.
Just that they are API compatible.

> Also, I had another suggestion for cache component:
>
> - Clean up ehCache.xml to remove sample cache descriptions as these are
> redundant, specially the one's which use distributed cache. It requires one
> of the port to be open and does not work out of the box.

Can you pin point the problem.

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:32 AM, tide08 <sachin2_2k@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks like Ashwin got on to this before I could submit mine.
>>>
>>> BTW..what version of ehCache does it use? It is not very clear from pom
>>> (and
>>> osgi is new to me)
>>>

>> Check the parent/pm.xml which have versions listed.
>>
>> Otherwise do a mvn dependency:list in the component to see which
>> versions maven report.
>> [INFO]
>> net.sourceforge.ehcache:com.springsource.net.sf.ehcache:jar:1.6.2:compile
>>

>>> Thanks!

I will

buffer