camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: problem with simple message to file example under osgi
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 01:24:04 GMT
You just need to make sure the BundleContext is passed into the

If you are using the spring to load the CamelContext, you don't need to
do anything, camel-spring and camel-osgi bundle will take care of them.

Here is another thing, if the Camel version is below than Camel 2.1, you
need to make sure the camel-osgi bundle is loaded before the
camel-spring bundle.

I think I told you all hints which I knew about the using Camel in an
OSGi Container :)

dlawson wrote:
> Willem:
> I modified my code to create the camel context using the CamelContextFactory
> and now the type converters are read in as expected. Are there any helpful
> hints or other things to watch out for when using Camel in an OSGi
> container? Thanks for your help,
> David
> Hi,
> How did you create the camel context?
> Using the spring config, or creating the DefaultCamelContext yourself.
> If you create the DefaultCamelContext by yourself, you need to create a
> OSGi version of CamelContext by using the
> org.apache.camel.osgi.CamelContextFactory to create the CamelContext.
> Before calling the createContext() method, you need to make sure you set
> the right bundleContext into the instance of the CamelContextFactory.
> Willem

View raw message