camel-users mailing list archives

From SeanOD <sean.odw...@autodata.net>
Subject Camel Route causes Serializable class not available to broker
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:15:43 GMT

Moving an application from ActiveMQ 5.2 to ActiveMQ 5.3, I am experiencing
some difficulties with a camel route.  The route will only work now if I add
the JMS object message classes to the classpath of ActiveMQ.

The route was defined for the sole purpose of delaying the re-delivery a
message back to a queue.

In ActiveMQ 5.2 we defined as follows:
  <camelContext id="camel"
    <route>
      <from uri="activemq:ReDeliveryQueue"/>
        <delayer>
          <delay>10000</delay>
          <to uri="activemq:DeliveryQueue"/>
        </delayer>
    </route>
  </camelContext>

I have tried to update this route for use with ActiveMQ 5.3 as such:

    <camelContext id="camel"  xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
        <route>
            <from uri="activemq:ReDeliveryQueue"/>
                <delay>
                    <constant>5000</constant>
                </delay>
            <to uri="activemq:DeliveryQueue"/>
        </route>
    </camelContext>

In ActiveMQ 5.3 without the message classes in the ActiveMQ classpath I get
the following error:
Execution of JMS message listener failed
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: Failed to extract body due to:
javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

I have tried the jmsMapMessage=false parameter as well without any success.
Am I now forced to make my message classes available for camel to route and
delay ?

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.