camel-users mailing list archives

From Johan Haleby <>
Subject Intercept a processor?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:56:01 GMT

I'm configuring routes using the Java DSL and it works very well. However
during testing I'd like to somehow hook into the end of an already defined
route to add notification support. The reason is that in my test I'm
creating a message and pass it to a queue using Camel and this message is
handled by a processor. After this processor has finished executing I'd like
to receive some sort of notification but only during testing. The reason is
that I'd like my test to wait until the processor has finished executing in
my test case so that I can verify the result of the processor. For example:

public void test() {
  1. send a message to queue // just as you would in production
  2. wait for the processor to finish // this is where I'd like to get a
notification that the processor has finished so that it's ok to continue to
the next step
  3. verify result

The route may look something like:
from("jms:queue:myqueue).process(new MyProcessor()); // A simplification of
the production route

Is there a preferred way of doing this in Camel without changing the code
making up the "production route"? Or is there a better way to achieve it?