camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <bo...@vektrel.com>
Subject context.stopRoute() API hangs periodically
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:43:56 GMT

I'm using Camel 2.1 on SMX 3.3.1.  I'm using a timer to periodically
reprocess messages that I've sent to an error queue.  While reprocessing I
want to stop the main message processing route as follows (for some specific
client requirements)...

from("direct:main").routeId("mainRoute").process(MessageProcessor());

from("timer://ErrorMessageProcessor?period=60000")
.bean(blockedNodeManager, "processBlockedQueue");

then, in blockedNodeManager stops the route, acts as a polling consumer and
then restarts the route...

ServiceStatus routeStatus = context.getRouteStatus("mainRoute");
if(routeStatus.isStoppable())
{
	logger.info("stopping route..." + routeId);
	context.stopRoute(routeId);
	logger.info("route stopped..." + routeId);
}

while (true)
{
    String msg = consumer.receiveBody("activemq:errorQueue", 100,
String.class);
    if (msg == null)
    {
	break;
    }
    producer.sendBody("direct:main", msg);
}

routeStatus = context.getRouteStatus("mainRoute");
if(routeStatus.isStartable())
{
    logger.info("starting route..." + routeId);
    context.startRoute(routeId);
    logger.info("route started..." + routeId);
}

This seems to work fine for a while (up to 12 hours sometimes), but will
periodically hang while trying to stop the main route.  The last message I
see in my log file is...."stopping route mainRoute"...it never reaches the
"route stopped" debug statement.  At this point, I'm hosed...I can't even
use JMX to restart the route.  I restart the server and all works fine again
(for a while)...

Am I using these APIs incorrectly?  If there is a better way to accomplish
this, let me know...

thanks in advance...

-----
Ben - Senior Consultant