camel-users mailing list archives

From Tim McNerney <mum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is camel the right choice for me?
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 03:59:29 GMT
I'm a very new user of Camel, so take that for what it is worth. I
started off using Mule and became disenchanted by it very quickly
(especially when trying to troubleshoot an issue I had with it). It
felt like overkill for what I needed. I was quite pleased by my
attempts with a few test cases in Camel. It was cleaner, more
lightweight and really felt like it was working with me, rather than
trying to push me into its idioms. I've been very happy with it so
far.

Let me throw in one other *huge* plus for using Camel. I have rarely
worked with a more helpful community than the Camel folks. Claus and
Willem and Charles have been hugely helpful for me and I'm pretty sure
they are not real people, but teams of developers answering questions
24/7/364 (they can have New Year's Day off). I'm feeling very
comfortable with my choice to use Camel.

To your specific issues, I'll let Clauemles answer.

--Tim