camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NEW] Camel 2.2 - Graceful Shutdown - Feedback welcome
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:17:32 GMT
Hi

I have improved the graceful shutdown a bit more.

It now honors SuspendableService to suspend the consumer at first,
this allows for a more gentle shutdown.
After all the pending + in flight messages is completed then those
consumers is shutdown for real.

I will ponder a bit about the, shutdown policy configuration for the
route. There could be siutations where you want a rout to continue to
run during graceful shutdown, in case its some internal route that
others depends upon. Then marking it as "deferred" would solve this.
Then it will only be shutdown when all pending and inflight messages
has been completed.