camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No camel-clock? How does one test?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:13:43 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Barry Kaplan <groups1@memelet.com> wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> I guess it could be injected via Ioc? Or available on the CamelContext I
>> guess?
>>

> But there is no camel wide IOC in place, is there? I look if the
> CamelContext is available in the places where the CamelClock is need. (Now
> if only I didn't have play "find my non-published dependency" every time I
> do an svn-update ;-)

It sounds as if the clock is for internal EIPs, processors and whatnot
and to aid in testing and potential new use cases in the future.

In most cases the CamelContext is the container with the various
pieces configured. And its always accessible from EIPs and the likes.
So I bet its the best place to offer the Clock.

However its also exposed to end users so I wonder if they need to work
with such a clock?

BTW What would the API of the Clock be?