camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential bug in camel jms
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:10:38 GMT
Hi

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Christian Schneider
<chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the camel jms component to do soap/jms. I was using the option
> useMessageIDAsCorrelationID=true. This way Iwanted my client to set the
> message id as correlation id when doing a request.
> This worked well.
>
> The problem was that when the same jms component was used as a server this
> option was also effective. When the client sent in a message with a
> correlation id that did not match the message id then the camel server
> component still sent the message back with correlation id set to the message
> id. I think in the server case this is wrong. When the server receives a
> message with a correlation id set it should reply with the same correlation
> id. Am I correct here?

Yeah that makes sense. Cant see how the client would know its the
right reply. Although often Camel uses a temporary queue which means
that there is one one consumer.
But for a dedicated ReplyTo queue I would assume that correlation id
should match.

> In any case it was easy to solve thee problem by simply turning this option
> off but I still think this is a bug.

Could be.

> If necessary I can provide an example project.

Yeah an unit test would be preferred.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer