camel-users mailing list archives

From Seb- <seba.pub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Group of routes and Synchronization on outputs of the group after a split
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 20:03:17 GMT

I think there is a small problem with this solution that will make it
unusable as-is for the case when RecipientList returns dynamic recipient
list.
AggregationStrategy uses a predefined static messagecount while
RecipientList may return a dynamic recipient list at runtime (ie in my
example a certain message might flow out only through o2 and not o1).
So the AggregationStrategy would need to update messagecount for certain
message through all their life in the flow (possibly incrementing when a
RecipientList throws 2 entries or keep as-is when only 1 entry).

Seb- wrote:

> Sounds interesting.
> I'll have a look at this.
> Thanks,
> Sébastien.
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Seb- <seba.public@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Let's say I have 3 components, Component1 is a RecipientList sending the
>>> message to both Component2 and Component3.
>>> Is there an easy configuration way for Camel to do a synchronization on
>>> outputs (o2 & o3) of Component2 & Component3 with the original message
>>> coming from Component1.
>>>
>>>             /----[]----- o2
>>> i1 --[]--/
>>>           \
>>>             \-----[]---- o3
>>>

>> Yes its possible unfortunately we didnt make that possible easily out
>> of the box until Camel 2.2. You may say that slipped our minds.
>> The recipient list in 2.2 supports AggregationStrategy so you can
>> combine the response from o2 and o3 as you like.
>>
>> Ticket about it
>> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2223
>>

>> See more at, section Using custom AggregationStrategy
>> http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html
>>
>> See this thread for how you may work around and with some custom
>> coding do that in 2.1 or older
>> http://old.nabble.com/recipientList-multithreading-td26635868.html
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards,