camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <bo...@vektrel.com>
Subject Re: performance issues with JMS transacted route...
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:14:06 GMT

thanks Claus, that is exactly what I wanted to hear...

here is my setup...any advice would be appreciated...

JDK 1.6, ServiceMix 3.3.1, Camel 2.0 (patched the
/hotdeploy/servicemix-camel.zip)
AMQ 5.2 (persistent, small 1k messages, 250+ msg/second, no XA Tx)
Jenks AMQ pool 2.1, Spring 2.5.6

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26594255/tx.xml tx.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26594255/activemq.xml activemq.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26594255/servicemix.xml servicemix.xml

// setup the ActiveMQ component
ActiveMQConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
PooledConnectionFactory pcf = new
PooledConnectionFactory(queueConnectionFactory);
pcf.setMaxConnections(50);

ActiveMQComponent amq =
ActiveMQComponent.activeMQComponent("tcp://localhost:61616");
amq.setConnectionFactory(pcf);
amq.setMaxMessagesPerTask(-1);
amq.setMaxConcurrentConsumers(50);
amq.setCacheLevelName("CACHE_CONSUMER");
amq.setAcknowledgementModeName("AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE");
getContext().addComponent("activemq", amq);

My route does the following...

@Produce(uri = "activemq:inbound")
ProducerTemplate inboundProducer;

@Consume(uri = "jetty:http://0.0.0.0:9001/inboundMessage/")
@InOnly
public void onMessage(String message)
{
    String addressID = getAttributeValueFromXML(message,"addr");

    //set the JMSXGroupID appropriately to enable AMQ MessageGroups
(guaranteed ordering)
    inboundProducer.sendBodyAndHeader(message, "JMSXGroupID", addressID);
}

from("activemq:inbound?transacted=true&maxConcurrentConsumers=50")
.process(new ValidateMessage())
.process(new SaveToDatabase())
.to("activemq:topic:outbound");

Questions...

how do I set the prefetch buffer?
what Tx manager should I be using and how do I set it up?
should I be using newer versions of any components?

thanks again...

-----
Ben - Senior Consultant