camel-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question On Using Spring Remoting Against Camel Remoting
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:18:51 GMT
2009/11/10 Carlo Camerino <carlo.camerino@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have this question. We have a requirement in a project in which we have to
> use remoting for our application. Reading the Spring Documentation, it says
> that it is possible to do remoting via Spring Remoting Facilities. They have
> several options and I opted to use the JMS Version.
>
> Here is my scenario,
>
> All Of the business objects would no longer be wired directly to their
> interfaces. All of the classes are to be wired via some remoting.
> Normally, all of our business objects can be attached directly. The
> requirement this time would be the other way around. We'd have to do it
> somewhat like ejb approach in which we deploy the business objects in
> another container.
>
> Spring offers several options including hessian, burlap, httpinvoker, and
> jms. We are opting for the JMS option but we're trying to look at ways on
> how it get it to work.
>
> I've read that camel offers remoting also through spring remoting.
>
> Should I use camel's version of it?

Sure, why not.

> What benefits will I get if I use camel's version?

Its very easy to switch to a different protocol from JMS to HTTP to
RMI to TCP etc.  Your code will be middleware agnostic...
http://camel.apache.org/hiding-middleware.html

You can also easily add a Content Based Router or indeed any other EIP
pattern either at the client side or server side.

Also Camel supports asynchronous operations to
http://camel.apache.org/using-exchange-pattern-annotations.html

> Also is this the right path? For example I have 50 business objects all of
> them would have to be accessed remotely, is this the proper approach to
> this?

Its either Spring remoting - or go JAXWS or REST I'd say. They've all
got strengths and weaknesses.

If you want WSDLs / XSDS and stuff, then maybe JAXWS is a simpler approach?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration