camel-users mailing list archives

From Ming Fang <mingf...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Jms remoting failover problem
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:59:09 GMT
Yes changing idelTimeOut in org.apache.activemq.pool.ConnectionPool to a very large number
would be a workaround.
However I don't see anyway of doing that in org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQConfiguration.

But ultimately I think the way Camel uses JMS is just wrong;
The use of a Requestor to listen for out messages will always be a problem because it's not
guarantee to be listening on the same broker as the publisher.
--ming

On Nov 19, 2009, at 4:42 AM, Willem Jiang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How about change the idle time of switching the broker ?
>
> If the idle time is larger than your application response time, you will not get this
kind trouble anymore.

> Willem
>
> Ming Fang wrote:
>> Hi
>> We're using Camel 2.0 with Activemq 5.3.
>> Our app uses Camel jms remoting.
>> It's connecting to two discrete ActiveMQ brokers using the failover transport randomly.
Everything works fine at first.
>> The problem happens when the app is idle for more than 30 seconds. After that any
remote call will trigger Activemq client to reconnect and may end up connecting to another
broker. But the problem is the Requestor does not reconnect and still connected to the original
broker. The result is calls are sent to one broker but the Requestor is listening to a different
broker for the response.