camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TraceableUnitOfWork (2.1 Snapshot 2009-11-15)
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:41:12 GMT
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM, DRy <dirk.rybinski@itellium.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> We try to update it while we work on it. Will be too hard / near
>> impossible after the release to dig in the JIRAs and commit logs to
>> write the release notes afterwards. So we do try to keep it as up to
>> date as possible. All together makes it easier for us and the end
>> users.
>>

> Yes ... that's the right (the only?) way to do it. It is in fact nearly
> impossible to do it at release time ...
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> BTW: What are you use it for the TracableUnitOfWork?
>>

> I handle all exception in different onException-clauses. In every
> onException-clauses that somehow sends the message to a (special) error
> queue (and to file later), I call a bean that fills the header with
> different "exception-information". In this bean I use the TracableUnitOfWork
> (i.e. TracedRouteNodes) to generate a "ExceptionRouteTrace"-information.
>
> When the message from the error queue (with that special kind of
> information) is written to file (in another route) you can easily see where
> the exception occurs ...
>
> ExceptionRouteTrace:
> com.itellium.eai.gateway.tillserver.route.publish.Publish2CenterExceptionBean@1f1cc1a
> BeanProcessor[com.itellium.eai.gateway.log.ExceptionLogBean@1641c0]
> com.itellium.eai.gateway.tillserver.route.publish.Publish2CenterProcessor@13ac14d
> TransactionErrorHandler:PROPAGATION_REQUIRED[Pipeline[Channel[com.itellium.eai.gateway.tillserver.route.publish.Publish2CenterProcessor@13ac14d],
> Channel[sendTo(Endpoint[activemq://publishToCenter?exchangePattern=InOnly&transacted=true])]]]

Very cool.

I wonder if we should add to the camel-core a formatter which can
format those trace events just as the trace interceptor does.
And have different options for the formatter so you can have the
format as you use but also the from -> to style.

BTW: I work a bit more on the tracer today so we have more information
when doing doTry .. doCatch .. doFinally in the routes.
And a few other spots as well.