camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel instead of jbpm?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:08:59 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Bruno Borges <bruno.borges@gmail.com> wrote:
>  1) Can Camel be used as a BPM/workflow engine?
>
>    Yes you can, but you would have to code a lot of stuff to accomplish
> that. Camel is more just about routing messages and to apply EIPs. I guess
> for business processes, Camel is not the way to go. Different problems.

Yeah Camel is not a workflow engine etc. Its a lightweight and very
flexible integration kit.
However integration between Camel and a workflow engine is possible.

I know JBoss guys are working on Drools so I wonder if they want to do
it for JBMP as well.

> 2) Are Human tasks supported in Apache Camel?
>
>    I didn't get it. What do you mean about human tasks ? :D

I guess its something like a human business process that takes like 2
months to complete. And you need humans to change state in that
workflow.
Like a complaint system etc.