camel-users mailing list archives

From Carlo Camerino <carlo.camer...@gmail.com>
Subject Question On Using Spring Remoting Against Camel Remoting
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:28:20 GMT
Hi,

I have this question. We have a requirement in a project in which we have to
use remoting for our application. Reading the Spring Documentation, it says
that it is possible to do remoting via Spring Remoting Facilities. They have
several options and I opted to use the JMS Version.

Here is my scenario,

All Of the business objects would no longer be wired directly to their
interfaces. All of the classes are to be wired via some remoting.
Normally, all of our business objects can be attached directly. The
requirement this time would be the other way around. We'd have to do it
somewhat like ejb approach in which we deploy the business objects in
another container.

Spring offers several options including hessian, burlap, httpinvoker, and
jms. We are opting for the JMS option but we're trying to look at ways on
how it get it to work.

I've read that camel offers remoting also through spring remoting.

Should I use camel's version of it?
What benefits will I get if I use camel's version?
Also is this the right path? For example I have 50 business objects all of
them would have to be accessed remotely, is this the proper approach to
this?
I can do it the web service way but if remoting is possible it will be a lot
easier for me.

appreciate your comments

thanks

carlo