camel-users mailing list archives

From Cliff Court <>
Subject Re: Problem of skipped items/stories in Camel RSS reader - update
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:13:30 GMT

Many thanks to those who have commented on my initial post.

Here's a bit of an update on what we've found with some additional
investigation on the behavior of the RSS component.

It appears that if you configure it to pick up one item/story at a time (as
opposed to the entire feed), it will do this until it reaches a feed that is
earlier than the one it previously read. This means that if you have a RSS
feed whose stories' publication dates are not sorted in publication date
order (descending) i.e. with the latest story at the top of the feed, the
component will stop reading the feed as soon as it hits a story that is
earlier than the last one read by the component.

I can't swear that this is the case, but our tests are showing this. We've
looked at several feeds now and have not yet found one that is in date order
descending - thus the problem.

One can configure the RSS reader to read the entire feed at one time, but
there is a problem of some kind with that configuration that is causing an
exception of some kind - but this issue is not for this topic.