camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zip format problem
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 05:04:01 GMT
> I'm not sure now whether I should try creating the patch as I planned,
> because what Christian suggests (extracting camel-compress) is obviously
> better and superior solution. If he wishes to do it, I'll be happy to
> contribute whatever I can.

Of course, jump in and enjoy. However, plase think on backwards
compatiblity - I am pretty sure people would like to see you solution,
even when it gets deprecated once the compress component is available.

Claus (or others): what is the policy with existing apache committers?
Is there a chance that I can get karma to the sandbox? I would like to
avoid developing this on GIT with Vlaidimir and then have it back
through the incubator.

> It is also an interesting point the other Christian raised - about an
> archives containing many files. It would be great to support tar.gz/tar.bz2
> archives as well. In fact, this is not even specific to compression - I
> would say that a generic data format concept should support
> spitting/aggregation - consider MIME emails with attachments for example.
> I'm not that much in EAP background and camel internal design (yet?) to
> suggest how that aspect might be implemented however.

Yes I also think thats interesting. Lets consider this when we dig
deeper into camel

Cheers