camel-users mailing list archives

From "Purcell, Chris (London)" <cpurc...@maninvestments.com>
Subject Combining custom error handling with a transactional rollback
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:47:39 GMT
Hi all,

I'm writing a Camel pipeline and I'd like to do both of the following
when an exception is thrown:

(1) Roll back the current transaction, if one has been started (it
starts mid-pipeline)
(2) Do some further handling of the current message, ultimately sending
a warning email about the problem

I can find a way to do either of the above, but I cannot seem to do
both. Adding a custom error handler appears to silently disable the
rollback.

I cannot process the error in the object initially sending the message
to the queue, as I'm actually splitting the message and handling the
components separately, one transaction each, and need to know exactly
which one(s) failed -- and let the remainder succeed.

Cheers,
Chris

 Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments.
The contents of this email are for the named addressees only.  It contains information which
may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose
or use them. Email transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man Investments
cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments.
Whilst Man Investments makes every effort to keep its network free from viruses, it does not
accept responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email
or any attachments. This email does not constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation
of any kind to buy, subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other
such transactions of any kind. Man Investments reserves the right to monitor, record and retain
all electronic communications through its network to ensure the integrity of its systems,
for record keeping and regulatory purposes.
Visit us at: www.maninvestments.com
TG0908