camel-users mailing list archives

From Stan Lewis <gashcr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: copy database records and insert them in another database
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:24:40 GMT
No the "mock" endpoint is only used for testing.  You see it in a lot of
examples because the examples are typically taken from unit tests from
Camel.  More info on "mock" is here - http://camel.apache.org/mock.html
To be honest a good way to get a handle on  a particular component is to
start by looking at the tests for that component, for example here's the
ibatis tests -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-ibatis/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/ibatis/

An interesting one you might want to check out is
IBatisQueryForListWithSplitTest.java, this route gets a couple records from
the DB and splits the map up into separate elements.  In your case instead
of mock you'd probably be using camel's activemq endpoint instead -
http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html

Hope that helps!