camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can error handling be added to a custom endpoint?
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:19:18 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM, ronP12 <poole_rhonda@bah.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>  I was wondering if the ErrorHandler can be configured in an endpoint?  For
> example, the SFTP component allows the user to configure certain fields (ie:
> privateKeyFile, knownHosts) when the route is created.  Is there a way to
> add error handling properties such as maxRetries and deadLetterChannel to a
> custom component rather than configuring it in the Route?

No error handling is Messaging based. So that only kicks in when a
message is being routed in Camel.
All the stuff that happens before a Message is created and ready to be
routed is component specific and must be handled by that component
itself.

However the file/ftp based components have options where you can
configure what it should do in case of some sort of errors, such as a
network drive not reachable. As they are polling consumer based

See more here
http://camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html

In the section - About error handling and scheduled polling consumers