camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel and jms priority
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 04:29:11 GMT
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Christian Schneider
<chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> the solution you described sounds good. The only thing is that it has to be
> coded. I had hoped that either the jms providers or camel already had a
> solution that only needs to be configured.
> But it doesn´t sound too difficult. I was also thinking about using a
> database as a buffer. But on a second thought what you propose is not much
> more difficult and does not need additional infrastructure.

Well it shouldn't take more than 10 lines of code to do :)
Only issue is that if in the mean time a new JMS message arrives that
have a highest priority, what then?

And as we love contributions in Apache Camel we can maybe get the code
into the camel-jms component :)

Yeah using a DB seems overkill. Then you also got the hazzle to
store/load the data and map it back/forth.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/