camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feeding an Async Processor from an ActiveMQ topic
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:08:04 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> You only have 1 consumer listening on the JMS topic
>>     <property name="concurrentConsumers" value="1" />
>>
>> Try increasing this number.
>>

> JMS Topics can only have one concurrent consumer,
> so I guess I have to switch to a Queue, would it then
> run 100 threads for concurrentConsumers=100 ?

Yeah then you got 100 threads concurrently.
Remember more is not always better.

> Could instead of a transaction for each consumed message,
> the message acknowledgement be used to guarantee
> redelivery in case of an error ?

I do think you should use transactions as its what is there for.
But asking at the AMQ user forum can answer this more precisely what
the implications would be with ack mode only.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/