camel-users mailing list archives

From jonathanq <>
Subject Re: Best way to throw away an exchange in a route in an otherwise() case
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:40:30 GMT

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
> Yeah stop() is the right way to do so. Its also easy to understand
> what it does :)
> The message filter is another way (a more classic EIP solution)

I had wondered about the filter - but I didn't know what happened to
exchanges that failed the filter.  The incoming endpoint will be a JMS
messaging queue - so I didn't want to take a chance that a message failing
the filter would go back on the queue, or get sent to any deadletter queues.

But if an exchanging failing a filter is simply thrown away just like a
.stop() - then it would also work.  Just depends on what feels more natural
in our route.

Thanks for the help!