camel-users mailing list archives

From Martin Krasser <>
Subject Camel on Google App Engine
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:47:42 GMT

I'm trying to get camel-core running on Google App Engine. It doesn't run
out-of-the-box mainly because Camel's UUID generator. It uses InetAddress
that is not on the JRE class whitelist. Replacing the implementation using
Java's UUID class, I got a simple route running.

Is there any special reason why Camel doesn't use Java's UUID class for
generating IDs? Do you see any issues replacing the current implementation?

I'll summarize other issues with Camel on GAE in a separate post.