camel-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Okhotnikov <vokhotni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File component blocked by existing files
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:05:55 GMT

Got it! The bitness (and probably OS flavor) is not relevant - the problem is
because the service account does not have "Modify" permission on the
existing file. I strongly suspect that it cannot rename the offending file
to satisfy readLock=rename and hangs forever. When I manually gave the
"Modify" permission on one of the offending files, the corresponding
consumer worked after service start.

Nevertherless, I think it is still a bug - having such a poison file should
not prevent the consumer from processing other files. At the very least, an
indication of the problem in the log and skipping the problematic file are
needed.

What do you think?