camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of threads created with WireTap
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:52:46 GMT
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Julien D <myrddin22@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the wireTap component and when I looked into the code, I saw that
> it was creating a ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor with 10 threads. It would be
> useful to control the number of threads created. What do you think ?

Its using the JDK Executors Service which handles this. The 10 is the
maximum concurrent threads. Java itself handles how it want to manage
this.

We do have on the roadmap to have a nice and easy configurable thread
pools in Camel. However bare bone the processors do have a
setExecutorService method
you can leverage to insert your own custom executors.