camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Premature End of File Exception in Camel wiretap
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:48:28 GMT
And you can use a processor or bean with the producer template to do a
wiretap where you can create whatever you want to send.

The wiretap is also capable of setting a new exchange but what it does
lack is access to the old exchange, which may be a new feature to add
in the future.
http://camel.apache.org/wire-tap.html

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM, HariKrishnan <harikrishnan83@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Looks like this exception is happening because, wiretap is using the same
>> Exchange object that is being return back from the actual endpoint.
>>
>> from(a).to(b).wiretap(cxf:bean).
>>
>> Let me clarify as to why we are using wiretap after endpoint b. We want the
>> return of endpoint b to go to cxf bean. Also return back through the route
>> without any changes because of wiretap processing.
>>
>> Ideally since wiretap is a new thread, it should use a copy of the echange,
>> so that any changes it makes to the echange should not affect the return
>> value.
>> Is there any way we can send a copy of the exchange to wiretap, than sending
>> the same exchange.
>
> It does use a copy of the Exchange its just the payload that cannot be
> cloned/copied in a generic fashion in Java land.
>
> So the key is to copy the payload without affecting the original which
> is hardly possible with streams.
>

>> Regards,
>> HariKrishnan
>>

>> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

>>> Can you post the full route and point where you configured the stream
>>> caching.
>>> And what version of Camel are you using?
>>>
>>> Adding a .convertBodyTo(String.class) usually remedies this problem
>>> with streams. But yet again the stream cache should help as well.

We