camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynch Request Reply Bound to Spring Remoting
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:14:42 GMT
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM, jerdavis <jerdavis@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to use bind Asynch Request Reply to a POJI using Spring
> Remoting?
>
> Something like:
> //Interface whatever...
> public Future asyncRequestReply( String arg );
>

> Of the 4 messaging patters I can get 3 to work and bind them to an Interface
> using Spring Remoting, but it's not clear to me that this last pattern is
> possible.
>
> How I imagine it working:
>
> public Future<T> asyncRequestReply( String arg );
>
> Of course Keep the same inteface the Server/Impl but return a Dummy Future
> of same type.
>
> public Future<ResultObj> asyncRequestReply( String arg )
> {
>   //Do stuff
>   ResultObj result = new ResultObj(...etc);
>   return( new DummyFuture( result ) );
> }
>
> Then have some advice that extracts the result from the Dummy Future and
> sends it on it's way as if it was any other return type...

I guess its a generic spring remoting questions. Maybe posting on the
spring remoting user forum or try looking there for answer could help.

I do not see Camel influencing this whether its possible to do or not.

But the last use case is interesting to return a Future handler over
remote network to later retrieve the response.