camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [HEADS-UP] - Configuring error handler will be limited to camel context and per route only
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:29:57 GMT
Hi

Posting this on Camel user forum as it impacts users as well.

Background ticket:
==============

Version implemented:
================
Camel 2.1

Impact:
======
Estimate no impact on regular usage of Camel.

Details:
=====
Configuring cross cutting concerns such as error handling in Camel
have been a bit too flexible / lenient.
What you could potentially do is to set an error handling in the
middle of a route. However it causes to much complexity to adhere to
this wild flexibilty
as I am working on removing this combination.

99,5% of users will still configure it at either level
- camel context (= global)
- route (= this route only)

All the examples and what we have written on the wiki page points in
this direction.

What it means in the Java DSL is that you now *must* configure a route
specific error handler directly after the *from* DSL.

For example:
from(x).errorHandler(deadLetterChannel("log:dead")).to(y);

In the XML DSL the "errorHandlerRef" xml attribute will now only be
visible in the <camelContext> and <route> tags.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/