camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testability of routes
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:00:59 GMT
Hi,

Yes, you can use mock endpoint to check the exchange.
According to you description of the production configuration,
I think you can add a mock endpoint at the end of route, and check the
exchange which is routed to this endpoint. But this will change your
production route rule a litter bit.

Or you can treat the camel route as a black box, just use camel
producerTemplate to send the message and check the response. This
solution requires your message exchange pattern to be InOut.

Maybe we can add an debugInterceptor dsl which take the mock endpoint as
the parameter and we can turn on or turn off the interceptor at camel
runtime.

Any thought ?

Willem