camel-users mailing list archives

From jpcook <jonathan.c...@erars.plus.com>
Subject Atom Component
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:02:13 GMT

Hello,

I have a requirement to pull 24 atom feeds, process them in the same way via
xslt and then write the results to a file location which is slightly
different for each feed. This is fairly straight forward.

I was looking at the atom component as it looks almost perfect. But I
wondered if there was a clever way I could maybe specify a list of urls to
the component and then it could process them concurrently as I don't want to
have to do this synchronously? A bit like when you use the splitter you can
specify parallelProcessing()

I guess another alternative would be to have a route for each feed I need to
pull but this seemed a bit overkill as they would essentially be all the
same. Also I wanted to make the atom urls and the location that the result
gets written to configurable but we are not using the spring dsl xml
configuration. As an alternative I could make these parameters configurable
via my own configuration but I also wondered if I could perhaps control
these parameters via JMX or even better via the web console?

Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.