camel-users mailing list archives

From SoaMattH <matt...@netpacket.com.au>
Subject UTF-8 characters jaxb
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:07:42 GMT

I have done a little digging around and it seems
that jaxb is unable to handle the complete UTF-8 character set in xml.
I do realise that the UTF-8 control characters are Illegal in xml)

in my case it is the degree symbol  °

any XML that contains this symbol fails to parse

I have a
<camel:dataFormats>
    <camel:jaxb encoding="UTF-8"
                id="incidentJaxb"
                prettyPrint="true"
                contextPath="au.gov.qld.des.oms.esb.escad.incident" />
</camel:dataFormats>

<camel:route errorHandlerRef="incidentDeadLetter" id="incidentFileRoute">
    <camel:to uri="bean:incidentValidate?method=fixBadUTFEncoding" />
    <camel:unmarshal ref="incidentJaxb" />
</camel:route>

The best solution I can come up with is to write a validation bean that
fixes the xml
does any one else have any thoughts?

If not would it be worth putting this xml escaping/fixing code back into
Camel?

Thanks Matt