camel-users mailing list archives

From HariKrishnan <harikrishna...@gmail.com>
Subject Testability of routes
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:47:34 GMT

Hi,

I am aware of the mock endpoints and test endpoints that can be used to test
various routes. I need some advice regarding testing production
configurations in my unit test. I use programmatic configuration and my
routes consist of calls to various services and also access to databases. I
want to write test around my configuration such that I can test drive my
routes.

But I realise that I can only do this with mock endpoints, that allow me to
assert that the exchange reached them. How can I test configurations that I
am actually going to deploy in production.

I am not a very big fan of integration tests and would like to unit test my
routes.

Please advice.

Cheers,
HariKrishnan