camel-users mailing list archives

From Bob Pollack <robert_h_poll...@yahoo.com>
Subject Broken Download Links for New Releases
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:32:28 GMT

The links for downloading Camel releases appear to be broken. For example, if
I navigate to  http://camel.apache.org/camel-200-release.html Overview >
Download > Camel 2.0.0 Release  and scroll to the bottom, the link for the
Windows version points to
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/activemq/apache-camel/2.0.0/apache-camel-2.0.0.zip
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/activemq/apache-camel/2.0.0/apache-camel-2.0.0.zip
. When I click this link, the suggested mirror site link is
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/activemq/apache-camel/2.0.0/apache-camel-2.0.0.zip
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/activemq/apache-camel/2.0.0/apache-camel-2.0.0.zip
. But when I click this link, I get a 404 message.

The actual release file appears to be at
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/camel/apache-camel/2.0-M3/apache-camel-2.0-M3-src.zip
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/camel/apache-camel/2.0-M3/apache-camel-2.0-M3-src.zip
. In other words, the top-level directory is camel/apache-camel, not
activemq/apache-camel. If I go to this root directory (that is,
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/camel/apache-camel/
http://apache.siamwebhosting.com/camel/apache-camel/ , I see a list of
subdirectories that seem to be every release from 1.6.0 up.

I have seen this same pattern in a number of the mirrors (for obvious
reasons, I have not checked all of them). I believe that this is the problem
reported
http://www.nabble.com/Camel-2.0---FTP-directory-problem-td24973778.html#a25063609
elsewhere in this forum , in which a user has a problem that she could not
correct with a new release because she could not find the new release.

Are these download links actually broken, or I am I doing something wrong?
Has anyone else experienced this problem (besides the one report cited
above)?